T&T Supermarket 2022
Native APP Push Notification
Role: Strategy, UX / UI & User testing
Team: 1 Product Manager / 3 Engineers / 1 Project Manager
Type: Native App ( IOS & Android )
Tools: Adobe XD / Adobe Suites / Magento
Timeline: September 2022 - October 2022
What is a push notification?
An App push notification is a message sent by an application to a customer's mobile device.
This project is an iteration of an original design.
From a service shutdown to an application update, it plays a vital role in communicating with users.
Introduce on-sale events
A simple brief of the latest promotion, sales items and promotional activities.
Why do most retail businesses need it?
Order status updates
After placing the order, the push will let users know the order's status.
Notifications are anti-UX. They are a distraction.
How can we meet the business needs and also provide users with purposeful and useful experiences?
The Design Process
1. Understand — Analysis & Problem Defining
2. Concept — UX design options
3. Design option testing — User Testing
4. Solution — Prototype
1 — understand & scope
Analyze the Old Notification
• Unclear view of what we are sending
• Users are not well in control over their notifications
• Low accessibility & low engagement
Hard to remove red dots
Users are not well in control over their notifications
Confusing in read and unread messages
2 — concept
UX Design Options
3 — Design options testing
Identifying pain points from user research testing. The mid-point user research testing phase aims to find any loopholes or challenges within the design according to user interactions. I recruited users to test the prototype of the push notification, instructing them to go through the 3 main task flows and voice out their steps and concerns from each. These insights are considered in the refinement stage to improve the design for it to be more robust and responsive to their needs.
users prefer to option 3
1. Users understood the content faster on the monotonous icons page
2. 70%+ users clicked the text “Settings” to find out the turn-off button
3. Create the visual difference between read and unread messages, which helps 100% of users to pay more attention to unread messages.
4 — Prototype
You may also like...